About 58th Street Library
The 58th Street branch of The New York Public Library opened on May 10, 1907 and is now a full-service adult branch in East Midtown.
The branch was originally housed in a building built with funds donated by Andrew Carnegie. It relocated to its present site in 1969, and it now occupies part of two floors of an office tower.
The library features public computers that can be reserved for 45-minute sessions and unlimited WiFi. The first floor holds an adult collection that includes large-print books, audiobooks, a world languages collection, and a movie collection. There is also smaller collection for children and teens. On the second floor, there is a community space the neighborhood groups can reserve. That’s also where TechConnect computer classes are held.